Tuesday, January 01, 2013

December 2012 work at home job income report

I have gotten a few messages asking can you really make money working at home . Absolutely I have been working at home for 10 years.  My income can go up and down  depending on my workload and the kids schedule.  

I want to start tracking each month for my readers how much money I am making at home doing call center work and some of my other gigs.   Due to Non disclosure agreements I signed  I am not comfortable in saying which call centers I am working making  this money. 

Call Center work I track by the number of hours I am logged in and taking calls.   Some call centers pay a flat hourly rate and some pay only on sales and other pay per talk time.  


Time work 79 hours 
Pay $1448 
Average pay per hour  $18.33 

I typically work closer to 120 hours but I volunteered 5  days at school (usually only 2 month) plus I   work  very minimal over the Christmas holidays  Sssh I only did 10 hours the last week-the house was quite hectic.   My hourly rate does vary between $15-$20 a month. It can depend on sales etc  This month I am primarily worked my per minute call center and luckily they offer commission.  Call center work is my bread and butter and this does help out with family expenses etc. 


Elance and other short task work including mturk -aka non phone work 


Pay  $450

I have been with elance for 3-4 years but never really took them too seriously.  This past summer I got really annoyed with phone work for a month.  So I started to look at elance.  I took some writing gigs as well I happen to have some excel and powerpoint/website  skills. My goal  to be around $500-$600 a month with my "odd jobs"

I am not including anything from any  survey and rewards programs as to me those are just extras and I usually save them up for Christmas.  

Gross Total  $1898  

Expenses  Landline phone and Internet  $75  

Net Total   $1823 

Since all of my work is as independent contractor I take 25% and put it in a saving accounts for tax time.  

No comments: