Cardinal Intellectual Property (CIP) is an Intellectual Property Services Company. Our staff includes scientists, patent agents, attorneys, and former patent examiners who conduct thorough, in-depth patent research and analysis. We also provide intellectual property monitoring services for docketing, trademarks and copyrights, competitive intelligence, litigation and licensing. Our offices are located in Evanston, only a few blocks from Northwestern's campus. You can visit our website, www.cardinal-ip.com, for more information
We currently employ over 100 scientific and legal professionals to conduct patent searches and analyses, working remotely via a secure Virtual Private Network-based extranet.
The company culture is creative, fast-paced and focused on massive growth. We work to foster an environment that promotes growth, appreciates diversity of thought, and provides continuous opportunities for development.
The field of Intellectual Property is an exciting and dynamic industry experiencing strong growth. Movement toward outsourcing aspects of the intellectual property services, both from the corporate and government ends point toward strong and continued growth.
Summary of Position:
Interact with internal and external customers to expedite meeting leads that range from ten people to large city wide conventions. Day to day duties will include significant computer time using various programs unique to ConferenceDirect as well as more common programs( excel, word, etc.) Key attributes are quick turnaround time, a high level of professionalism, problem solving, outgoing and friendly personality and ability to multi task.
Lead entry and management
• Most leads will be entered through Cvent system(ConferenceDirect lead system)
• Average lead turnaround time is three business days but sometimes quicker replies are needed
• Will also work in conjunction with city convention bureaus to coordinate city wide leads
• Will often have to follow up via phone with hotels have not responded
• Edit and proof cvent entries from hotel
• Communicate responses directly to customer after review by other ConferenceDirect associate
• Handle vendor inquires on status of leads
Specific duties include:
- Engaging with experts in the field of education data to produce best practice guidance (briefs, white papers, case studies, etc.) for education stakeholders, particularly regarding the design, development, management, and use of statewide longitudinal data systems.
- Supporting the development of outreach materials, such as brochures, flyers, presentations, press releases, newsletters, etc.
- Supporting the development and management of several client websites (including content development, design, user testing, and coordination of updates).
- Providing editing and layout services for clients and team members.
- Converting documents to meet Section 508 compliance requirements.
- Representing QIP and ED in stakeholder meetings, and supporting meetings that include state and local education agency staff, education data systems experts, and ED staff.
- Assisting senior project staff with project management and a range of other activities.
You should have a deep knowledge of at least one framework besides jQuery (Angular, Knockout, Backbone, etc.). Knowledge of at least one templating system (Google Closure Templates, Mustache, Pure, etc.) is a huge plus. If you don't know the latest tinker toys, but have built that kind of thing from scratch, we can't wait to hear your battle-stories.
Want some heads-down time at home? We'd expect you to be in the office during on-boarding, but from there if you'd like to be in office two days, at home three, that's fine by us.