Saturday, January 24, 2015

How to Make Smart & Good Money with Fiverr

Learn how to make smart movie with Fiverr Fiverr is a marketplace that allows anyone to buy or sell services, or "gigs" as they call them, for $5. Launched in 2010, Fiverr has been a smash hit and is one of the most popular classified boards in the world.




Here are some of the gigs that you work on Fiverr
 Video
 Graphic Design
Copy writing
 Online Tutors
 Social Media marketing tasks
 Blog posts Translation
 Music
 Wordpress Script installation

Here is what works for one fiverr doing writing which is a very common freelance gig. 

.
I created a gig to write 400 words of a buyer/s choice of topic for $5. Fiverr takes $1 for every $5 someone spends. So, I made very very little for each article to start. That was my choice to do that to bring in more buyers. You can set your gig for whatever you like. You do not have to be a writer, you can create any job you like for the $5. I personally enjoy writing, so that is what I chose. Content writing is very valuable, so it is a hot commodity on Fiverr. Not all jobs on Fiverr will bring in a lot of orders. I have had a lot of success on the site because I have been willing to write a lot of well researched material for a very low price. Since I stuck it out there for so long, I was able to raise my prices, and people still hired me at the higher price. I am not currently on Fiverr right now, and that is because I’m working so much for Lifetricks. com and I blog for 5 people every week. I also have a few other clients that I write website content for every so often. 



A few things I wish I had known before I created my first gig on Fiverr.

-I wish I had set my gig for a longer period of time. I started it at 3 days, but eventually set my turn around time on a project for 7 days.
-If I had known how valuable content writing is, I would have started the gig at 350 words for $5, since that would encourage a buyer to purchase the gig twice for a more lengthy article.
-If I had known there would have been no shortage of orders, I wouldn’t have accepted every single article request asked of me. It took me three months to feel comfortable telling a buyer that I couldn’t do the article they were asking, for different reasons. It is ok to tell a buyer you don’t want to take on a project. There will be other buyers.
-It is time consuming and you should expect to put in a lot more time then what you are being paid for at least for the first month or two. You’ll develop regular people who come to you all the time. After a month, you can add on a tip to your gig. If you are good at what you do, people will give you the tip. I received many tips. 🙂

It is a learning process, and your experience may not be like mine. Not everyone has success on Fiverr but a lot of people do. I had the ability to hone in on my writing skills with little expectations. People do not expect to get good quality articles at $5, so I was given a lot of grace for writing that may not have been that well put together. Fiverr made a gateway for me to find opportunities to work for other websites, and also to realize that I can in fact blog on a regular basis.

If I had any real wisdom to share it would be, stay patient and flexible. With internet businesses, you do not know which ones will be successful and which ones will fold. There is no guarantee in any of this. So, build up a good clientele with whatever your freelance work should happen to be, so that if one of their sites doesn’t work out, the you still have other projects to fall back on.


I hope this helps anyone who is feeling hesitant about creating a gig on Fiverr. At the end of the day, what is the worse thing that can happen? You open a gig, it doesn’t bring in any money, and you do something instead. 🙂


Sign up for Fiverr here 

No comments: