Wednesday, July 13, 2011

3 tips for working at home

I have been working at home for almost 10 years now doing affiliate marketing, writing as well as call center work. These are some great tips to really help you keep focused. 

Work At Home Office Tip #1 - Make your space your own.

If you were working at an office out of your own, you would add some personal touches. Do the same thing for your home office.  Some simple examples of this: Family photos and pictures;  I have a visual board of places I want to travel  that helps keeps me focused. I also have the kids artwork on the walls.

Work At Home Office Tip# 2  - Keep your clean  and organized. 

If you're anything like me, you find it hard to be productive and focused on the task ahead when there is clutter all over your workspace,  So take the time to visit Walmart or Target  and pick out some fantastic office storage and organizing products. Not only are a lot of them visually pleasing on the eye, but they keep everything meticulously organized and close at hand. You never have to worry about where you keep that  pen or if that paperwork  you needed to fax off is hiding again.



Work At Home Office Tip# 3  - Time management list.

Being at home, you got so many distractions, time management is key to getting work done. 

I use outlook for keeping myself on task.  I use the calendar feature to keep my day organized. I schedule everything from the time on getting the kids to school as well as writing time, blog optimizing time or simply when I am scheduled to work a call center job  and even the laundry.

In addition, I use the task feature in outlook, if someone sends me something that needs an action, I task it. I will also send myself emails with details and task it there as well.  I believe google gmail has similar features but  I don't use that email system. 

Check out the daily work at home job leads 

No comments: