Former Congressman and Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee is looking for an Administrative Assistant to assist in drafting correspondences, managing scheduling, set up conference calls, and answer phones. The position is part-time and is remote "work from home," in Washington, D.C. Compensation is $15 per hour, with no benefits. Please send resume and cover letter.
The Know Limit Learning Services team of professional tutors provide in-home tutoring support for students of all ages in all subjects to build self-confidence and achieve academic goals. Whether for enrichment or remediation, in-home or online, Know Limit Learning Services offers a customized solution for every learner to deliver results. We believe every student can succeed!The Know Limit team is looking for a Tutor Manager to join our Education Team. We are searching for organized, detail-oriented professionals with an education background who are willing to accept the challenge of making a difference in the lives of our students.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Review resumes, conduct screening calls and interview candidates for available tutoring positions
- Onboard new tutors and review policies and procedures
- Analyze roster of tutors to identify the best match for each student
- Provide feedback and communicate frequently with core team of tutors
- Process required tutor paperwork on a weekly and monthly basis
- Plan, organize, and attend recruitment events to grow core base of talented tutors
- Assist the management team in the development and implementation of new internal systems
We are a large global news site based in San Francisco looking for someone to help us manage our home page. The position pays $650 per month and is an independent contractor role that can be performed remotely.
--Selecting appropriate stories for the home page several times a day
--Copy editing headlines for AP style
--Contacting writers to request stories to fill major news gaps
The candidate will be working with one or two other editors throughout the day to keep the home page fresh and up to date. Applicants should have a strong background in journalism (preferably on the editors' side) with good news judgment and a grasp of AP style, in addition to being reasonably tech savvy. Applicants should be self-starters who can learn quickly, love technology and can be relied on to fulfill their duties remotely. Please submit a cover letter and 2-3 writing samples (preferably journalistic). Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis.