Saturday, September 08, 2012

3 tips for improving productivity at home


When I first began working from home, I had a big problem. I didn’t know how to shut it down. I would wake up and immediately jump on the computer and have to get pulled away late at night by my wife. Apparently, I’m not alone in this boost of productivity.
I bump in to people all the time who wonder how I’m able to get anything done at home. They often suggest they’d be too distracted by their comfortable surroundings. They might be surprised  then by a recent survey out of Brown University, which found a 12 percent increase in performance for a randomly selected group of 255 call center employees who volunteered to work from home. The study was conducted by a 13,000 employee NASDAQ-listed Chinese firm over a nine month period and found within the performance boost was an 8.5 percent increase in the number of minutes worked per shift and a 3.5 percent increase in the performance they squeezed out per the minutes they worked.

No comments: