Tuesday, February 05, 2013

January 2013 work at home job income report


I get a lot of questions about am I am really making money online. I think it is important that you can make money while working at home without  MLM or direct sales. 

I want to start tracking each month for my readers how much money I am making at home doing call center work and some of my other gigs.   Due to Non disclosure agreements I signed  I am not comfortable in saying which call centers I am working making  this money. 

Call Center work I track by the number of hours I am logged in and taking calls.   Some call centers pay a flat hourly rate and some pay only on sales and other pay per talk time.  


Time work  102  hours 
Pay $1682
Average pay per hour  $16.40

My goal is to try to hit 120 hours a month doing call center work.   I did a field trip at the school plus my usual 2 days of volunteering in the classroom.  I had a lack of motivation this month working the phones as  I really need to hit 120 hours  to help with the family expenses plus our vacation fund. 

Elance and other short task work including mturk -aka non phone work 


Pay  $320

This was mostly elance. I took on a project for a real estate agent that I think too much time for the actual tasks. That can sometimes be a downfall.   I had hope to take some on more jobs at elance but I worked with a difficult client. 

I am not including anything from any  survey and rewards programs as to me those are just extras and I usually save them up for Christmas.  

Gross Total  $2002

Expenses  Landline phone and Internet  $75  

Net Total   $1927 
Compared to last month + $104

Since all of my work is as independent contractor I take 25% and put it in a saving accounts for tax time.  

No comments: