Our company has a strong emphasis on 'Cool Workin' + Cool Livin'' so as to keep the mind fresh, and lifestyle enjoyable. We're constantly striving to push for bigger and better things, and would expect you to do the same alongside us.
With over 20k RSS and e-mail subscribers and over 180k Facebook Fans within a couple of years, we strike a chord with our readers. We are specifically looking for writers who can cover a wide variety of tech related topics. We already have a huge community of Windows users and would like to increase our footprint in the Mobile community as well.
Vortala was founded in 2004 with a vision to provide healthcare professionals (chiropractors, dentists, optometrists, veterinarians, etc.) with a world-class website service designed to grow their practice.
Today, over 2000 practitioners worldwide trust Vortala to manage their practice website and online reputation.
As a member of our writing team, you'll assume responsibility for:
- Creating engaging, patient-centric website and blog content. Normally you will create this content from transcripts of doctor interviews.
- Applying company best-practices for "content that converts" website visitors into new patients.
- Deploying state-of-the-art content techniques to enhance readability, browsability and visitor time-on-page.
We are seeking candidates for 1) in-house editors, 2) out-of-house editors, and 3) out-of-house writers.
Previous work experience must include writing or editing math SE's, TE's, assessment items, and/or ancillaries. Experience with Common Core State Standards is a plus. We're specifically looking for those with the ability to:
1. write or edit elementary-level math workbooks, tests, and student/teacher editions
2. handle page layout of Word and Excel documents with a high level of competency (InDesign and other graphics programs are also valuable)
3. pay obsessive attention to detail in written material
4. recognize and correct one's own errors
5. write grade-appropriate texts for elementary students
6. write to structured assignments and meet tight deadlines
7. quickly absorb new rules and standards that regulate each project
We are looking for part-time, freelance writers who can:
• Follow instructions
• Meet deadlines
• Write with excellent grammar and an engaging voice
• Perform excellent research
• Complete between 10 and 60 articles per week
Our rates vary depending on the client and will range between .009 and .02 per word. Most of our writers make about $5 per article and can write up to 2-4 articles an hour. That means, you could make about $10 an hour or better if you are an efficient researcher and writer. Great writing can result in rate increases and better assignments. Our more experienced and skilled writers average about $30 an hour.