Thursday, July 23, 2020

Best Tips & Tricks for Selling on Facebook Marketplace

When you’re getting out of debt, Dave says to sell so much stuff the kids think they’re next! But how do you make sure you’re getting the most you can for your stuff?

We asked our friends on the side hustle group for their best tips on Facebook Marketplace 





Here is a round up some of the ideas 



Tara:  I have been selling things since April on Marketplace, porch pick up and payment via PayPal etc and have sold so much with it all being no contact I've actually sold more now then I have in the past.



 Madison  A really good description, measurements, good pictures, make sure the lighting is nice & area is cleaned up.


Jessica  Good picture with proper lighting, good description, proper measurements/sizes and fast response time. Make sure the background is muted and not busy



Jason  Do Garage sale pricing. pricing it right

How to start an Amazon FBA reseller business with $100




Amy  Higher ticket items (like electronics) where you'll actually get a couple hundred bucks, up the price you want by $25 because almost everyone will try talk you down so in the end you still get what you want. I've done this multiple times and have scored "higher" a few times when there was no negotiation on their end


Kelly L Good Description and Price. I am selling my side hustle crafts/tumblers and things around the house since we just moved we are updating a lot of our stuff and getting rid of the old


Kelly P  Good photos with quality lighting. Dimensions/measurements. Smoke free or pet free home or smoke/pet home. If something is new in packaging, I’ll usually list it for 50-75% of the original price. If it’s used, usually around 25-50% of the original price. Some people want to try to sell gently used items for full retail value and I’m like...why?
I sell a lot of new in box items that I score from various sources and that pricing system has not let me down yet. I could prove higher and sit on the merchandise but I usually price it to move.

Best Legitimate Paid Online Surveys

 Andrea Great photos in a clean space.
I like to find little wood things that don't take too much time to refinish and flip them for big profits.

Andrea  Don’t take pictures with your nasty toes in the bottom of the picture! 🤢 I seriously just scroll right past those

 I’be never sold but I often look/ have bought. Nothing more annoying than a very vague listing with no measurements asking a new price for an used item. Or to find out it’s already been sold 🤦‍♀️ If I wanted/could pay full price I wouldn’t be looking on marketplace 🤣 I don’t expect it for free, but why would I spend new price when I could also get a new item too 😆

 Group like items together especially clothing. I put 3 sweatshirts together same size etc. super easy to sell and worthwhile meeting up then  Make sure you check out Oshkosh and Carter baby & kids clothing  clearance either online in person. I also will check out kohls as well! Remember to bundle.


  I love marketplace. I’ve made $2k in the past two months just listing stuff we don’t want. I just sit it outside and they leave the money wherever I tell them. SO easy. I’ll never have another actual garage sale. 😂

5 Places To Sell Your Stuff Online Besides Ebay



No comments: