Sunday, May 22, 2022

Younger Millennial inspires with her side hustles

Kara  shared in our group her side hustles over the years!  Hopefully this will inspire you to find a passion and some good ideas. 



Here are some lessons I’ve learnt from each business I’ve started and I’ve self funded all of them.

My names Kara   I’ve started lots of small businesses over the last few  years. Here’s a summary of my main ones, hope it inspires and pushes you to start a business.

#1. At 21 I started an eyelash extension business. It still runs today, very profitable, great client base and customer retention. Earning $80 for 1.5hr of work at 21 made me realize that I could never work for someone else every day of my life. Now it’s $100 and full sets take my around 1hr. 

#2. My next business was period subscription box, it was called Your Monthly  and was basically a box that contained pads, tampons, chocolates, candies , period underwear,  pain relief, hot chocolate, tea  and a small gift (sourced from local  Etsy sellers, eg. Facemasks, candles ) this business taught me how to work with social media influencers, managing stock, working with wholesalers and (most importantly) profit margins!! 

#3. Drop shipping and importing products. This business taught me how to use Shopify, I learnt soooo much. From dealing with  suppliers  to collaborating with influencers. Continued to grow my social media marketing skills and ability to target my customers. 

#4. My balloon decorating business. I saw a gap in my home town market and ran with it. We started with helium bunches and grew into an event decorating monster! We do massive balloon garlands, now have 3 flower walls and heaps of structures. When I first started this business I didn’t ever considered needing a van, but working 2 months I brought used one  and it’s been crazy ever since. Great profit margins, and we KILL it on social media. (All that learning from previous businesses 😉😉)


I wanted to post this to show you that you can do anything you want. I’ve never feared failure. I love learning and seeing ideas i have in my head, grow into profitable businesses.

No comments: